Sunday 16 August 2020

 Good Morning blog friends,

Another zoom meeting with Chooky and her followers.  It's always great to see everyone again, catch up with what everyone's is up to and of course how Covid19 is treating their corner of the world.  I'm never a person of many words but love listening to everyone else chime in.  I am still in awe of Kathleen's 1/2" hexies.  


I have a few projects on the go, maybe a few too many but love the variety.  

Summermoon, using Tilda fabrics. Stay tuned for progress pics.

Diamonds, designed by Border Creek Station.  This is the second hexie project I have started.  Each hexie is 3/4".  I am very pleased with my progress so far and will quilt it using the 'big stitch' technique.  

I've also been on a 'pillow kick' lately.  I love Edyta Sidar and her new book Pillow Talk.  I thought I would work my way through her book making pillows for Christmas gifts.  So far I have made two and love them both.  It will be hard to part with them.


And finally...its pickle season.  1 Bushel down.  That was crazy since I had only ever pickled once before and had no idea how many pickles came in a bushel.  43 jars later they are done.  We can't wait to taste them in 30 days.


7 comments:

  1. I must have missed you on Chooky zoom catchup, I was a late starter!! Your new fabrics are beautiful, and the pillows are just gorgeous. You got a lot of pickling done there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hexie project (and the table its resting on) and beautiful pillows.....very hard to give away! Those pickles look delish! Stay well and take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to see you on Zoom. I love your hexie project. I was amazed and the half inch hexies!!
    Your pillow fronts look lovely, they will be difficult to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you don't know how happy I am to see you blogging again.....love the hexies.......oh and Kathleens were 1/4 inch so even tinier....can't wait to see the project in progress......
    the cushions are lovely.....and wow you sure did lots of pickling......yummo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your canned pickles look beautiful in the jars. I will be posting salsa next week on "I like Thursdays". My last ones are processing right now.

    YOur work is so beautiful, Holly! I love the wreath of flowers the most. I really like the way they are quilted as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was good to catch up with everyone again on Zoom. Looking forward to next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a blog post up. Yay! I love your latest projects. Yum, those pickles will be delicious.

    ReplyDelete